Saturday 13 July 2013

Internship at Emami

What exactly is a desk job…???
Ok, before I began let me just mention this from before I AM NO EXPERT”. This is just my interpretation on the basis of my 1 month experience as an intern at EMAMI LTD. so as you can tell I know very little.
However little I know, I will try to summarise it for you in this report.
I know that most of you must think that desk job is just a boring monotonous job of handling files and sitting in front of computer. But that is not even half true. It involves a lot of things and although it doesn’t look like but its very fun and interesting.

Desk job:
Confidence- Yes, as much as it shocks you it takes a lot of confidence to sit behind a desk and do your work.
Patience- patience is almost required everywhere and I literally mean EVERYWHERE..!! Now in a desk job you will have to maintain patience and not lose your temper.
Coordination- I know all of this must be sounding like proper textbook material to you. Well yeah face it..!! Sometimes textbooks are right. Also just wait for it. I will also tell you something which no textbooks will ever say and about coordination if you are not properly coordinated with your teammates you can’t get any work done on time.
Now the interesting part:
Prioritise: one of a fellow senior intern taught me this important lesson there. As he said it’s always important that you properly prioritise your work. There should be a clear picture in your head about what is more important and what you must do 1st and which work you should do with what level of dedication otherwise again you won’t be that efficient.
Buttering the boss: Now to those people who will make statements like “mai to apne kaam se unko impress karunga” I will say good luck with that. What I mean by buttering the boss is not laughing at his stupid jokes or anything (although it won’t hurt you…:) )…what I mean by buttering is that you should be in good terms with him. Find out your mutual interest and talk about it. Make sure he likes you as it will definitely give you an upper hand compared to other employee. And not just that, it’s always better to be little bit informal with the boss as he can advise you personally and as a senior that will also be immensely helpful.
Catching up: lastly but definitely not the least....you should be able to catch up well…take it from me… listen to your boss when he is explaining you some work as he won’t repeat it twice and he will not like it also if you ask him to. That won’t make a good impression on your part. Also don’t expect to be patted on your back for every good thing you do. They are not training a dog. They are bloody paying you for doing that so I guess that much return is more than enough.


Now I will conclude my report. It was basically just a small picture of the fun. I hope you people enjoyed it.

-Anirudh Poddar

No comments:

Post a Comment